Saturday, October 9, 2010

Resource List:

Part 1: Position Statements and Influential Practices
Part 2: Global Support for Children’s Rights and Well-Being
Note: Explore the resources in Parts 3 and 4 in preparation for this week’s Application assignment.
Part 3: Selected Early Childhood Organizations
Here are some additional resources:

This website provides information about using technology with young children!

http://www.netc.org/earlyconnections/

Use this website to post your good ideas and find ideas from other educators!

http://users.stargate.net/~cokids/

Need ideas for themes, acticvities, songs? Bookmark this site!

http://www.perpetualpreschool.com/

5 comments:

  1. Ellen,
    I liked the websites you selected. I especially enjoyed netc.org because it was so easy to navigate and it incorporated all age levels not just early child. I liked that it talked about the 5 areas of child development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen,
    Kool sites! I especially like perpetual preschool. My sister will have a ball with that one! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the perpetual preschool resource. I've already added it to my favorites. I love reading what others are doing with kids. Although, I wasn't crazy about all the ads on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that you put the one about using technology with your children. I was volunteering at my son's school the other day, and that is such a huge issue with parents. Technology is wonderful as long as it is used in the correct manner.
    Children grow up fast enough, I don't think they need to grow up any faster than they should because their technology use was not supervised.
    This does not only go for computers, but as well as cell phones, Ipods and other forms of it.
    It scares me as a parent, I know I can not always be around my son, and I don't smother him, but he is only 8.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these websits. I have gone on many of them already. The Division for Early Childhood
    http://www.dec-sped.org/ is one of the ones I have stayed on the most. Thank you for the info.

    ReplyDelete