Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 4 quotes

"When the family collapses, it is the children that are usually damaged.
When it happens on a massive scale, the community itself is crippled."
  President Lyndon B. Johnson



"Regardless of the history of IQ tests in the family, if I see nurturing, warm, interactive people who read emotional signals well and interact well, usually I see happy, competent and bright children.”
Stanley Greenspan


"Self-esteem is an inner feeling: Sometimes it corresponds with outer reality, and sometimes it doesn’t."
Stanley Greenspan


"Parents don't make mistakes because they don't care, but because they care so deeply."
T. Berry Brazelton





"A grandchild is a miracle, but a renewed relationship with your own children is even a greater one." 
T. Berry Brazelton




Two quotes from the Week 2 video:


"The passion to create a safer, more just world for all kids is there and, I suppose, will be there until I die."
Louise Derman-Sparks


"I'm not here to save the world. I'm just here to make a difference in the community that I'm working with."
Raymond Hernandez

4 comments:

  1. I love Raymond Hernandez's quote. I feel the same exact way. Just to make a difference in my community should be something we all strive for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Quote you posted by T.BERRY BRAZELTON is so very true: "Parents don't make mistakes because they don't care, but because they care so deeply." It made me think about a quote I found on FaceBook called A PROMISE TO MY CHILDREN:
    "I will stalk you, freak out on you, lecture you, drive you crazy, be your worst nightmare, embarrass you in front of your friends, hunt you down like a bloodhound til the day you understand why I do it. All because I LOVE YOU. ...You will never find someone who loves you & cares about you more than your mom!"

    As parents we do make mistakes but the majority of us make those mistakes out of love! Thank you for that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may not be able to save the world, but we can keep on trying one at a time! We never know whose world we might change forever. Just think about our childhood webs from last week and how each person impacted our world for the good.

    Another quote:

    To the world you are one person, but to one person you may be the world.

    ReplyDelete